○ What is the main objective of the visual text? (Purpose)
- To feed the less fortunate children food.
○ Who is the intended audience? (Audience)
- People who buy too much food for themselves.
○ What is the circumstance leading to the creation of the visual
text? Where, when and how might someone see/ observe the
visual text? (Context)
- Food supply could be lacking in other countries. In a food court/hawker center. When eating at a food center.
○ Is the visual text culture specific? (Culture)
- Singaporeans tend to buy more food than they need.
○ Is there anything unusual about the image?
- The image shows a empty spoon which head has a face of a child who is starving, showing that the child has nothing to eat.
○ Does the slogan/ text provide any additional useful information
for the readers?
- The slogan of "Don't waste food while others starve." tells the reader that by wasting food they are depriving the starving people of food.